Swimming in an ocean of thoughts.....

Ask me no questions and i shall tell you no lies :)

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

H – Horror ~ A-Z Blogger Challenge 2014

 “After two English schooners, whose red flags fluttered toward the sky, there came a magnificent Brazilian three-master; it was perfectly white and wonderfully clean and shining. I saluted it, I hardly know why, except that the sight of the vessel gave me great pleasure......”

~ An excerpt from the short story – Horla by Guy de Maupassant


Even till date, when I come to this part of the story, an eerie feeling churns at the pit of my stomach, the same way as it did when I read Horla for the first time in sixth grade. There is a sinister vibe that exudes a fear of unknown, a shock that follows a fever without a reason, a growing diffidence and a restlessness that does not just go away. Horror is the word. It is this story that got me interested in the horror genre, be it books or movies.

It is not the known, but the unknown that intrigues the mind like none other. Forbidden territories. creatures of the night and unanswered questions are too much to resist in the world of horror. After all, what is unknown does not necessarily mean that the unknown don’t exist. That is what horror is all about!

By the way, have you read Charles Dickens' Signalman?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home